At the end of each year, everyone likes to look back and assess how they did. Well, there was no Maya Apocalypse, so 2012 is going to come to a natural end and we decided to take a look at few of our activities from this past year.
In 2012, The Century Council:
held over 30 community events across the country
- Over 6,000 students participated in these activities
- worked with nearly 65 elected officials to highlight programs of The Century Council
distributed more than 2,300 Ask Listen Learn interactive gaming systems to
- All 50 states
- Nearly 500 schools
- Over 200 partner groups (afterschool programs, etc)
mailed out over 175,000 Ask Listen Learn brochures for parents and kids
- These went to nearly every state
distributed resources with Scholastic to 23,000 schools nationwide
- Nearly 1,000,000 kids received materials
taped Public Service Announcements with 19 state Attorneys General
- Received over 9.5 million views online during Alcohol Awareness Month
posted over 2,000 updates on Twitter
- from @centurycouncil, @asklistenlearn, @tcceducation and @tccpolicy
- with over 1,200 retweets for all accounts
saw over 850 pieces of legislation introduced on drunk driving and underage drinking issues
- Nearly 100 on underage drinking
- Over 700 on drunk driving
And one final number-- everything was done with fewer than 20 committed and driven staff members.
Overall, we had a busy year and look forward to sharing new research, programs, activities, partners and adventures with everyone throughout 2013. We want to thank our dedicated Member Companies, partners and friends. Without you we couldn’t make the impact we are on these important issues that affect everyone.