Teenage Research Unlimited (TRU) performed an independent evaluation of Ask, Listen, Learn. Both quantitative and qualitative measures were used to determine if the key concepts and themes presented in program materials achieved the initial objectives of the program – facilitating conversations between parents and their children and providing substantive information for parents and children to discuss underage drinking.
Overwhelmingly parents and kids responded that the program encouraged them to talk about underage drinking and provided them with information they needed to understand more about the consequences of underage drinking.
Highlights from Youth Evaluation:
• 84% of kids said the Ask, Listen, Learn brochure helped facilitate a conversation about alcohol
• 86% said they would consider reading the brochure without the survey
• 81% said brochure made them think and 78% said it has a lot of important information
• 92% said mom is their number one source of information about alcohol
Highlights from Parent Evaluation:
• 70% of parents and half of kids said they discussed alcohol after receiving Ask, Listen, Learn survey
• 92% said the Ask, Listen, Learn brochure helped facilitate a conversation about alcohol
• 66% said they would consider reading the brochure without the survey
• 88% said brochure made them think
Our interactive game has also been evaluated. Click the image below to download the findings.